Friday, February 28, 2014

A matter of size

As this project has grown and more and more people volunteer to be Tour Archivists, I have gotten a lot of questions about the album being big enough.  I just want to address that question and put your minds at ease.

For the actual album itself, I am using an American Crafts Modern Album.
It is mostly plain chipboard and I will be painting and decorating it this weekend.  (I am still hoping someone can create an SVG file of the phrase "Words of  Radiance" in Alethi script for me to use on the cover.)  The one I am using actually has a black linen spine unless I go to Staples this afternoon and find one in red.

The album itself holds about 60 pocket page protectors without being overly crammed.   I will be using two different page protectors for this project and will have them in the album when I give it Brandon. 

Design A
The first page protector is Design A from Becky Higgins.  This page protector holds 4 4"x6" and 4 3" x4" cards in each page for a total of 8 on each side.  I plan on having approximately 25 of these pages in the album.

The other type of page protector is Design F from Becky Higgins.  This page protector holds 1- 4"x6" card and 10 - 3"x4" on each side.  It definitely holds a ton of cards.  I plan on including 35 of these bad boys in the album.
Design F

So doing the math,
Number of slots x 2 sides x number of page protectors
Design A =  8 x 2 x 25 = 400
Design F = 11 x 2 x 35 = 770
Total :   1170 total card slots

So how many cards do I expect?  I thought about how many cards to send to each of the signings for a while.  I truly don't think every fan will want to sign a card for the scrapbook.  As cool as this project is, not everyone is going to want to participate.  I estimate that we will have about 30% of the fans want to fill out a card. For the big release party signing, I sent out approximately 150 cards.  For the other bigger events such as San Diego, Portland (still need a volunteer) and Seattle,  I plan on 100 cards being filled out.  The other remaining stops (all 13 of them) I figure about 50 cards each.  Totaling it up 150 + 300 + 650 = 1100.    So we should have about 70 spots for photos and other decorative elements.  I think I am being optimistic in my calculations.  If we end up with more cards, we can always add more pages to the album or change the ratio.

Hope that answers any questions.  Let me know if you have any questions by emailing me at wortourscrapbook@gmail.com.



2 comments:

  1. Angie, I'm so, so, so sorry I'm not going to make it to the Seattle signing after all. Can you put in a card for me anyway? How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wetlander! I would just save one of the cards on your desktop and then put text on it in Word or Paint and then resave to your desktop and send it to me. I am sad that I won't get to see you at the signing. :(

    ReplyDelete